Taking in feedback from the Hardline Beta, Visceral Games has been publishing regular updates on the things that they’ve learnt and what their plans on for improvements before the final release.
Here then is their 20 “most wanted”…
- Movement. There was a lot of feedback about slow movement speed and feeling “sluggish”. They’ve now increased player speed by 10% and players will get a +10% bonus for running with your pistol out.
- Suppression. There were a lot of negative comments about the camera “bounce” when suppressed. They’ve changed the way suppression works – your aimpoint is no longer affected, but your situational awareness is.
- Survivalist. Having heard both sides of the argument on the Survivalist gadget, it is pretty polarizing. Some of you hate it, some of you love it – either way, they agree it was overpowered. They’ve changed it to revive you at 1 health and auto-inject after 5 seconds.
- High Tension – Crane camera shake. A number of people called out the camera shake from this event as being too over the top. They’re tuning this down.
- High Tension – Stairs in High Tension bug. Stairs in High Tension should no longer pull players into the wall.
- Elevated Objectives. They’ve added some feedback to help you find the objective when it’s above or below you.
- Special Vehicles. They’re working on adding more special drivable vehicles like the Fuel Truck into all maps. They’re also working on a handbrake for cars.
- Stuck Vehicles. They’re working on the ability to “nudge” vehicles with a melee attack to help get them unstuck or to be able to move past them.
- Heavy Vehicle Damage. They’ve added “weak spots” in the rear of the heavily armoured vehicles, making it much easier to bring them down!
- Vehicle Occupant List. They’re working on adding the Bag Carrier icon to the list of team-mates inside your vehicle, so that you can tell when the bag carrier gets in your vehicle.
- Frequency of Explosions. They have heard your complaints about breaking the cops and robbers experience with the amount of heavy explosive weaponry available. Not wanting to sacrifice fun they’ve made changes to reduce the frequency of explosive use to focus on the core gameplay, and made the use of explosives much more believable now.
- Re-balancing the mechanic class. They’ve made the class better in more situations without sacrificing his ability to take down a vehicle. They’re also looking at renaming it and are looking for suggestions!
- The in-game HUD. They’re working on establishing a clearer visual difference from BF4 (hoorah!) and improving the messaging of the in-game HUD, from objectives to player status information.
- Customize screen. They’ve taken a new pass at how the customize screen is laid out, and are making it clearer and easier to manage your gear and weapon attachments. This should address the majority of issues reported.
- Making it more interactive. They’ve been working on adding more touches to the game world, giving players more options and things to do that impact play. Expect interactive objects like doors, radios and ammo lockers.
- Making rounds last longer. A significant amount of feedback during the Beta was received regarding the quick progression of rounds. They’ve made tweaks to both Heist and Blood Money that should help make the experiences last longer without sacrificing any of the fun.
- Transport vehicle health. There were a lot of comments about cars dying too easily from gunfire. They agree that one magazine from the AKM should probably not turn your sedan into a 4-person death trap quite so easily. They’ve also increased the survivability of the utility van.
- Audio situational awareness. In some of our game modes, situational awareness is very important. They’re working on improving the audio cues in the environment to help you detect and locate your enemies before they do the same to you.
- Medkits and ammo preventing revive. Previously, you could fail to revive someone if a medkit or ammo bag was blocking the line of sight check for the revive mechanic. They are fixing this so that these no longer block you from reviving.
- Improved interrogation. They’ve worked out some changes to the T62 CEW and the Interrogation mechanic. They’re working on making Interrogation only show enemies in a radius around the captured enemy, but show the marked enemies as if they had been Active Spotted by a teammate – making it both more useful and less powerful at the same time.
In the coming days they are revealing new multiplayer details including information on maps, modes, guns, gadgets and the single player campaign.