The Community Test Environment is 10 days old now and has already received 3 patches. The changelog for each gives a fair indication of what DICE are trying and I’ve detailed them below.
The feedback on CTE has been incredibly encouraging with people talking about it BF4 playing like a new, vastly improved game.
- Fix for explosion packs not being shootable sometimes
- Fix for reducing damage mismatch between client/server
- Fix for third person player orientation mismatch Character collision improvements Improvements for client side packet loss
- Various server performance improvements
- High Frequency/High Priority update (“Tickrate” improvements)
- A new network update for high priority second to second gameplay (damage states, player position, projectiles, player stance etc).
- Hi-Frequency Network Update client option – you now have the option to turn off or lower the amount of “tickrate” your internet client can handle.
- Dampened explosive camera shake
- Possible fix for PC chat delay
- Net maps: Operation Metro 2014, Wave Breaker (enabled later)
- Hainan Resort: under-terrain exploit fix
- Some other tweaks too small to mention
- Changed the FrameHistoryTime from 1.5 so 1.0s. This value is used to determine how much “slack” the server allows a client with packetloss to have. With this number lowered a bit to match the 30hz server send frequency we should see even less deaths behind cover.
- The Deathshield fix was not part of the CTE environment – now it is!
- Added support for the Obliteration small competitive mode (servers coming)
- Operation Metro 2014 exploit fix
- PC client stability improvements