After a delay the update for Battlefield 4 for PC has been released.
The change log is the same as for the other platforms but the Progression change (“Added Gold Battlepacks as rewards for Class Service Stars, allowing players that have reached the max Rank to continue earning new Battlepacks”) has been temporary disabled as the developers are working on addressing an issue related to it. Additionally, the following details are specific to PC…
- Mantle now requires Catalyst 14.2 or later drivers.
- Fixed multiple crashes.
- Fixed memory leak when switching between windowed and full screen.
- Optimized memory management which can reduce amount of performance stalls when video memory is overcommitted.
- Improved performance when vsync is used.
- Fixed bug with offset mouse cursor when using full screen and horizontal windows taskbar.
- Multi-GPU: Added initial support for frame pacing for smoother frame rate in full screen mode, enabled by default. Can be disabled in console / User.cfg with “RenderDevice.FramePacingMethod 0”.
- Multi-GPU: Fixed black screen when starting on machine with multiple GPUs where the weakest GPU has the display attached to it.
- Multi-GPU: Fixed intermittent crash when switching between windowed and full screen mode when having multiple GPUs
- Fixed bug with borderless window not covering entire screen when starting up