PS4 System Software Update 1.75 is now rolling out, which introduces the ability for the console to play 3D Blu-Ray films.
PS4 System Software 1.75 is now ready to download. Get downloading.! pic.twitter.com/w1nFA1FHxi
— PlayStation Europe (@PlayStationEU) July 29, 2014
It only requires 194 MB of hard drive so it’s not very big. The main features of the change are…
- Playback of Blu-ray 3D is now supported
- Sound quality has been improved during 1.5x playback with Blu-ray disc and DVD videos
- System messages previously displayed on the top-right corner of the screen are now displayed on the top-left corner of the screen
- [Featured Content] has been added to (Settings) > [System] > [Automatic Downloads and Uploads]. When this setting is enabled, featured content from the PlayStation Store is automatically downloaded while the PS4 system is either powered on or in standby mode.
The update marks the first time we’ve seen new features arrive on the console since April, when ShareFactory was introduced.
Version 1.8 of the software is rumoured to be in circulation and adds a lot more features to the PS4. It is expected to be released during gamescon, which is around the middle of August.
Lastly, an update to ShareFactory is expected today or tomorrow (depending on the source!) as well. The changes are as follows…
- The Last of Us theme: Just in time for the launch of The Last of Us Remastered on PS4, the new patch will add a custom theme from the game. The new TLOUR theme includes 39 new stickers, six new transitions, two new background images plus new intro, outro and title clips.
- Import screenshots into projects: You’ll be able to import screenshots from your capture gallery to the SHAREfactory videos you create.
- Additional updates: With this patch, you’ll also notice some newly added filter effects and stickers, as well as UI improvements.